Walking to Church
Man I can’t believe how lazy people are when it comes to walking. I live in Utah and as you can expect a lot people are LDS and you can also expect there are a lot of churches (almost always less than a 15 minute walk). Yet my family is one of the few that actually walk to our church building. You don’t have to cross any stroads to get to the building either. It’s a walk through suburbia and that’s it.
The one kind of busy street I’m actually working on getting a crosswalk in with the city so hopefully soon that eliminates that excuse. The excuse of getting kids there I don’t think is valid either. I have 4 kids under the age of 9 and they can do it. Peoples apathy toward the earth here is very disheartening.
I’m not a confrontational person so it’s hard for me to talk to people about this but blog/journal is hopefully a way to start organizing my thoughts and arguments. Ill definitely revisit this topic again
Comments
Post a Comment